Tales of Hyrapthora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An open RP forum put together by Mordu and Nice2835. Under construction!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)

Go down 
+2
Morfumax
Mordu
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) Empty
PostSubject: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Welcome to the Laughing Dragon Tavern!
This is the thread where you will hear about all your quests.
Feel free to take a seat and grab a drink, the bartender will bring you whatever you desire!
You can read about the Tavern and it's owners here.

Arya Coven
It had been a long time since Arya had visited the Laughing Dragon Tavern. Since his visit, the place had grown quite popular with people, especially those looking for adventure. Chances were, many of the brave adventurers would die within a day of leaving the town. The walls of Brale were put up to keep the evil out, but there would always be the stubborn types that never took heed of the warnings. Ironic it was that Arya was one of them, or, was he part of the evil? He could never make up his mind when it came to taking sides, really.

He glances up at the tavern's welcome sign, smirking slightly. The doors in front of him are propped open, and from within, many voices can be heard. Arya steps in, passing by a few tables before taking a seat at the bar. The bartender greets him with an awry smile. "What can I get for ye?"

He runs a hand through his hair, pulling it out of it's tie, letting the long locks fall over his shoulders. "Just a beer, thanks." He props his elbows up on the table, a half smile crossing his lips.

Last edited by Mordu on Sun May 20, 2012 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordu.tumblr.com
Morfumax

Morfumax

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:49 am

Morfumax

It was Morfumax's first time being in town. Looking for a place to grab a drink he spies a tavern named "The Laughing Dragon." He giggles at the name and thinks "what a silly name for a tavern, I have never heard a dragon laugh." Because of this event he decides that this is the place to get a drink!

He stops at the door and hears the normal sounds of a lively tavern. The loud yells, the clanking of glasses. "Yes, this is where i shall grab a drink!"

He enters the bar and while surveying notices a man with some strange hair sitting at the bar. He thinks "well this person looks interesting" and then pulls up the stool next to him. "Barkeep! Whiskey on the rocks please! *turns to stranger* so whats your name and what is up with that crazy hair?"
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:24 pm

The barkeep sets down a beer for Arya then calls over his shoulder "Maya! Do we have anymore whiskey left in the storeroom?" Maya Tarasanti strolls out and peeks her head around the corner at Rezlo with a puzzled look "Hm? No. I told you this yesterday, we're all out of whiskey." "Blast it woman, I thought the order came today! What were you busy unloading all morning long that you couldn't be bothered to help to set things up for today?" Rezlo retorts back irritably.

The two continue bickering back and forth, which should lead Morfunax to realize that his request for a whiskey is not going to be answered anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
https://hyrapthora.forumotion.com
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Arya laughs a little, "Is it really any of your concern, my friend?" He takes a long sip of his beer, licking the foam from his lips.

He turns to the bartender, "Rezlo!" The man halts his bickering for a moment, casting a curious gaze over to the man. "Do you remember me?" He pulls his sleeve back, showing him the cross-shaped scar on his wrist. If this was the man he had met before, there was no way he would forget him.
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:08 pm

"-and you never DID properly thank me for that bracelet I got for yo-" Maya continued, in her fervor. Rezlo snapped his head over at Arya and put a finger up in-front of Maya's enraged visage. His eyes squinted and his overall mood seemed to become darker. He hops over the bar, his right leg first followed directly by his left leg (this assuming Morfunax is on the right of Arya). He sits down in the chair and rests his left hand on the pistol on his side, putting his right arm around Arya's shoulder. Spitting nails through a smile he hisses at Arya "So what brings YOU to the City of Brale, young Arya? Certainly nothing religious I hope?" Rezlo's eyes get more serious starring Arya directly in the face.

Maya's hostility leaves her at this and she frowns, leaving while muttering something along the lines of "...bloody cultists ruining a perfectly good town..."
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Arya places a hand on the blade attached to his belt, pulling it out of its sheath to show an inch of it's obsidian blade. "I'm not here to cause trouble, but I won't hesitate to cut you open again, Rez." He hisses, his sharp eyes narrowing. "I left those imbeciles a long time ago. Do not associate me with such filth."
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm

"Explain young pup. I am not the same man you cut before..." He remembers the wound running down from his collar bone to his rib that the boy had given him years past. He pulls the pistol out fully and jams it in Arya's gut, cocking back the primitive weapon's hammer. "Start talking now, I want to know the truth this time, not some lie like our last encounter. If what you say is true, your father is working his passion in this fine City already, and without your help."

Last edited by nice2835 on Sat May 19, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stylistic edit)
Back to top Go down
Morfumax

Morfumax

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:34 pm

"Welp, I'll just leave you two to your business" Morfumax gets up and starts heading towards an empty table in the corner of the room. "Oh and barkeep. If you ever get around to my drink I'll be in the corner, just bring me whatever you got. You know, when you've got the time."

Last edited by nice2835 on Sat May 19, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ignore this)
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Arya frowns, "I really didn't want it to come to this." He disappears, appearing behind the man, grabbing his neck and pushing him into the bar. The rest of the bar falls quiet, all eyes locked on the pair's conflict. Arya slides the blade under the man's neck, the sharp edge merely millimeters away from his soft flesh. "I will repeat myself, I am not here to cause trouble, however I'm not afraid to defend myself if you're going to point that gun at me." He loosens his grip on the man's neck, "My father is dead."
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Maya comes up the back stairs and walks over to whom she saw order the whiskey and places the drink on his table "Sorry about that, sir, thought we were all out, turns out we had a whole cask left. Is there anything el-" She notices the altercation out of the corner of her eye. "Excuse me for a second" She briskly walks over, furious, and draws her sword.

"What in the blazes is going on here! I leave for ten seconds and you are already in a fight Rezlo! Ten seconds! And as for you, you insolent cultist I will have NONE of that in my establishment! Off of him now!" She shrieks in her fury. Her eyes are definitely reptilian now and her left non-sword hand is a reptilian claw.
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Arya begins laughing, withdrawing his sword. "What a fine display of ignorance." He sheaths his blade, giving Rezlo a pat on the back as he struggles to stand. "Is it normal to pull your weapons on an innocent man? Just because I bear the marks of the Cult, does not mean I follow them still." He locks the sword in place, pulling his sash over it to hide it. "Assuming these things is wise, I understand, but do not assume any further. If I wanted to bring your village to it's knees, I would have done so already."
Back to top Go down
XIVcaliber

XIVcaliber

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Elijah Conrad

The young knight bursts into the doors of the tavern with a confused smile on his face, staring deeply into the map he holds in front of his face. Nonchalantly and ignoring all the violence, he walks up to the counter and places the map there. "Hello, does anyone perhaps have directions I can take to get to the next town, I seemed to have gotten lost--"

And then he takes a look around.

"Am I...interrupting...anything?"
Back to top Go down
http://xivcaliber.tumblr.com
Micarintrazar

Micarintrazar

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Long..It was really long, hot as well. Why did it have to be hot? Mica could live without the heat, actually he never felt the heat til days ago when he left his caverns - His family...his home. Did the drow regret such an action? Oh, No He didn't, in fact he felt a bit free; If this was the feeling. he could breathe without someone hitting him with a thin blade whip, or insulting him. Drows are not known for their loving nature, and Mica was not loving but it got tiring! He worked so hard to impress, to please only to be downgraded again! Not anymore, no..not anymore.
Exhaling a shaky breath, the tall male wiped his brow glaring against the low setting sun. He's been traveling in this direction for days, was he EVER going to find something? Pausing for a brief break to drain the last of his canteen, the drow frowned at the worthless item, he barely drank from it but yet it never yielded enough water to quench him. Wiping the sweat from his eyes, he understood why his people moved to the underground; Not only was it cooler their skin were not irritated by the light as well.

Mica figured that out on day one, when the sun rose and hit his exposed flesh, it stung lightly but it didn't cause him harm, like getting a small sunburn and you accidentally scraped it. It was NOT a fun feeling. Returning the canteen to his belt, he continued on. Upon hours later, weary from his travels and ready to settle in for the night, his eyes caught something from the corner. What is this? Turning he felt excitement bubble inside of him - A Town! He had actually found one, would they...be open to his odd appearance, were they as ugly as his Matron mother said? Who knew, he didn't it's why he moved towards it.
The walls though erected around it was..an inquiring sight, it made him wonder what they hoped to keep out, anyone could easily scale the wall if they found the weak points and already Mica could do that. Though he slipped easily through the walls entrance, keeping himself hidden. Once fully inside his eyes widened only lightly at the many faces and people that surrounded him. They..didn't look horrible! Well, some of them did the rather wrinkled ones or the ones with the facial disfigurements. Controlling his emotions, he moved onward, glancing around at all the odd ends and trinkets that people were selling along his way, it wasn't til he saw the sign 'Traven' with an insanely ludicrous name that he realized he was in fact still thirsty. Taking the detour from his path, he slowly entered the building, a gust of wind knocking the hood from his head, exposing his face and gray white smoky hair that hung in light dreads [failed to mention that before]. His ears twitched only slight as he took int he sight.

There weren't too many people, two at the bar in some sort of fight..He'll leave those two alone. Bypassing one person, he moved to take a sit debating upon returning his hood to his head or not...
Back to top Go down
http://vampirefreaks.com/DeadLetters
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Rezlo dusted off his clothes, even though there was no dust to be found on them. "Maya, put your sword away. There are newcomers to greet, and I doubt they would enjoy a sword at their face as a welcoming to the Laughing Dragon." He turned back to Arya "Sit back down, we will talk. I need you to explain to me what has happened in a significantly less violent manner." Rezlo then went back behind the bar and pulled up a chair and unloaded the pistol carefully.

Maya calmed herself, sheathing her sword. She turned to see the young man in armor and said gracefully "Welcome to the Laughing Dragon Tavern, I am your hostess, Maya. Is there anything I can get you? A drink, or perhaps some food? And you too, elf, can I get you anything?" Her reptilian features seemed to vanish, and a light, friendly guise retook her.

Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Arya takes another drink of his beer, getting comfortable on the chair again. He glances over to the newcomers, his eyes scanning the two curiously. Both of them were quite attractive, one being a dark skinned elf wearing a hooded robe with an open front, the other being a young man with short brown hair.

He returns his gaze to Rezlo, "The last time we met, what kind of person was I?" He was unsure of when his last visit was, but he was sure the answer would be something he expected.
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:37 pm

"You? Well you were a very angry individual. And you were very zealous over your father's preaching... and you say he is dead now? But then why would his followers be making trouble in Brale? It is all very suspicious..." Rezlo stated.
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:19 pm

"Are you still this incompetent?" He laughs a bit, "They won't abandon their faith because their father is gone... No, they still seek to summon the demon that they speak of." He reaches into a pocket on his jacket, pulling out a small book with a black cover. He hands it to Rezlo, "This is a book on their religion, it may help you with protecting yourself. They know how to summon lesser demons, but bringing forth the demon king will take many more followers." He reaches into another pocket, this time retrieving a small talisman made of feathers and bone, held together with thin wire. "Talismans made from phoenix feathers and parthen bone will repel the demons."
Back to top Go down
Tallie

Tallie

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:36 am

Tallie attempted to avoid all the people whom were already entering, slipping in as stealthily as possible, which wasn't very stealth as she was trudging with extreme exhaustion. Choosing a corner, she sat down with a pained sigh. Her face and ragged linen clothes were covered in dirt, and her hair was a mess. She had been traveling for days on foot after her horse had died, and weary, she had walked up, and without a second thought, entered the tavern. Pulling off thick leather gloves and placing them on the table, she sat down her backpack on the floor next to her to open it and start going through the various items inside. Picking out a dull hunk of bread, she began to devour it, watching the various other interactions begin to unfold.
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:45 am

"I will read this when I have time, but why the change of heart young one?" Rezlo inquired, his demeanor becoming passive.

Maya noticed the bedraggled traveler and came over to her. "You look tired dearie, need something? A drink? Food? We even have rooms; as it seems you could sorely use a rest..." She bends over and tilts her head, looking at the girl through her black hair.
Back to top Go down
Tallie

Tallie

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:52 am

She looks up at the woman, curiosity in her eyes as she nods slightly, putting the remains of her bread on the table before speaking, "A room and perhaps a drink of water would be nice, I think." Her voice is hoarse, and wiping a bit of dirt from her face, she smiles politely, "If that wouldn't be too much trouble, of course." She quietly places the bread back in her bag with a sigh before cracking her knuckles and throwing the gloves in as well.
Back to top Go down
XIVcaliber

XIVcaliber

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:06 am

"I, uhh...I'm not really thirsty at all, really. Though I am quite lost." The young man looked up to Maya after browsing his map for a while longer. He obliviously pointed to the next town to the south, far from their current location, and showed the bartender. "I still have a while to go until I get to Brale, right? I can barely read this language..." Clearly he didn't notice the injured woman sitting near him, and upon standing up accidentally touched her shoulder. The look on his face could be loosely described with "surprised".

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't even know--" He looked around quickly before shaking his head and turning back to the bartender. "I really just need to be in and out, I apologize..."

Back to top Go down
http://xivcaliber.tumblr.com
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:17 am

"My father is an idiot just like the rest of them. He has tricked them into believing that the demon king's summoning will bring peace to this world, but it will only bring chaos and suffering." He strokes the scars on his wrists, his eyes narrowing. "But I brought his reign to an end. Their faith has been shaken, but they will not cease." He occasionally glances around at the other adventurers, searching their person for any signs of weapons. There was no way they would survive without protection, if they planned on venturing past the walls.
Back to top Go down
Morfumax

Morfumax

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:38 am

Morfumax sits in the corner sipping his whiskey. "Well..that was all very interesting" He then stand up and walks over to the group with his drink. After taking a sip. "So, what is this about a demon king being summoned?"
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:40 am

"No, adventurer, you are correct! This is the city of Brale, and you are in the Laughing Dragon Inn" Maya lets out a clear, crystalline laugh. "And as for you, miss, I will be right back with a drink." Maya turns on her heel and strolls over to the bar, filling up a wooden cup with water and bringing it to the girl. She sets it on the small table next to her, and then produces a key out of a key-ring from her sleeve and places it down "First room on your left as you go upstairs, the name is Maya by the way." She said the last part louder, so that all could hear her. She pivots away and looks around...

"Ah but will he have enough sacrifices for the Demon King's resurrection?" Rezlo questioned. "Eh? I'm sorry sir this is a private conversation... unless Arya here wishes to say something..."
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:54 am

"It is possible. They are well versed in the art of summoning, and they will go to great lengths to get their required amount if they have a leader. I'm sure they've promoted someone by now, though I don't know who or where I can find them." He turns to the traveler, "Actually, I would like to educate as many people as I can." He stares at the man for a moment before continuing, "There is a cult that can be commonly found around town called the Followers of Asavex. They wear deep purple robes and red pendants. Do not believe a word they say, they speak nothing but lies. They seek to summon forth a demon king, which will ravage and destroy the land."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)   The Laughing Dragon General (Open!) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Laughing Dragon General (Open!)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next