Tales of Hyrapthora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An open RP forum put together by Mordu and Nice2835. Under construction!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:32 am

We are still working on it! Please contact Nice2835/askmalphite/admin or mordu/the-goggles/freefallvector/dana for more information. This is a Q&A session thread
Back to top Go down
https://hyrapthora.forumotion.com
Saia

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:57 am

So what will be the big topic of this Forum? Will it be fantasy or Scify or anything like that? What are we Rping about?
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Tales of Hyrapthora is going to be a Fantasy/Steampunk setting. The storyline is based around a time called the great war, where all evil was thought to be expunged. However, evil beings begin to appear again, so warriors are needed once more.

We're still working on the main storyline and such, but for now we'll be working on a few starting quests for you to participate in.

General forum rules apply: No flaming/trolling, no explicit sexual content unless it is linked and given a warning beforehand, no spamming, no off topic posts, etc.

I'm the FreefallVector mentioned in the title up there, but I haven't been made a moderator yet. The theme and title will be changed as soon as we find something more suitable.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here! As soon as I'm promoted, I'm going to be setting up the forums and such. I look forward to this. c:

Also if you'd like, you can call me Dana.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordu.tumblr.com
Tallie

Tallie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi~ I love you for making this, I bet it's going to be awesome! Just a question for you guys though: Will there be standard fantasy roles, like paladins, mages, warriors, etc? You said that evil is going to start appearing again, I think that would be a good chance to have a paladin character, whom is all sorts of anti-evil. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes indeed there will! We're also planning on working in a few unique classes, such as Falconeers, Knights (with horses), and Archers.

I'm working on adding forums right now, and there will be space for a suggestions thread, which will be for ANY kind of suggestion or comment you have about the site. For now, this thread is for basically everything. c:
Back to top Go down
Tallie

Tallie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Awesome! Also, one more question, just something I'm curious about- Will there be roles on both sides of this, as in, you could be something either good or bad, a paladin or a.. idk, anti-paladin? Also good luck with the forums, hope everything goes smoothly :>
Back to top Go down
Saia

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:56 pm

How about the evil characters? Only playable for mods or the master or is it able as well for the usual players to set evil plots?
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:24 pm

@Tallie: I'm thinking that we will have something similar to Fallout's Karma system. The choices you make will affect how NPCs view you, and what quests you can get. There will be some quests that evil characters won't be able to do, and some quests that good characters will not be able to do. There will also be quests that are targeted ONLY towards good or evil characters, so neutral natured characters won't be able to accept them. Overall, neutral characters will be able to take the most quests, but neutral is the hardest to attain.

@Saia: I want to have a forum called "user run quests", where basically you can create a quest that will be reviewed by a moderator or admin, and if that quest is accepted, other characters will be able to take your quest if they fit the specifications.

Quests will have a pretty strict criteria, considering there is going to be a sort of a level system, so if you make a quest that gives too much EXP, it will be denied until you fix the issue. Quests will have to be given a difficulty rating so that lower level characters don't get themselves killed.

A lot of stuff is still under consideration, like how we're going to keep up with an exp system and such. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them here!
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Everything said so far is still under construction, pardon our dust, nothing is quite solid yet. What I was thinking was sort of a single world quest line. There will be "quests" as in many npcs can give quests. but you and your "party" can only have one at a time. New quests will open up in chronological order. I am not sure what to do if this becomes larger than a small group of people. If things get clogged, another forum inside tales of Hyrapthora can be made for people starting their questline in a different city.
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:54 am

Please hold off on character creation! Things are still being worked on! This form for character creation IS subject to change
Back to top Go down
Saia

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Do we get a closer explanation on what the races and classes are and what makes them special?
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:53 pm

The race you choose won't affect your stats or anything like that. As for classes, Mage specializes in magic, which has very many forms and encompasses a lot of abilities. Archers can use many times of bows, and eventually small guns. Defenders use melee weapons, but have a high defense and low attack, they automatically come with a shield. Rogues use melee weapons, and have have high attack and low defense. Warriors are the most balanced class when it comes to attack and defense.
Back to top Go down
Tallie

Tallie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Mordu wrote:
The race you choose won't affect your stats or anything like that. As for classes, Mage specializes in magic, which has very many forms and encompasses a lot of abilities. Archers can use many times of bows, and eventually small guns. Defenders use melee weapons, but have a high defense and low attack, they automatically come with a shield. Rogues use melee weapons, and have have high attack and low defense. Warriors are the most balanced class when it comes to attack and defense.
Adding to this with my opinions, if you don't mind.
Mages should have defenses ranging from high to low depending on their specialization, so like, a frost mage would have more defense than say, a fire mage. Defense shouldn't really matter with archers, but dexterity should play a big role in how well they operate, and same goes for rogues, they shouldn't be reliant on defense, but dexterity, so more dodging instead of protecting.
Just me here, but I felt like adding a little bit more would be nice. :>
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm

That does sound good! I'm not exactly sure how we'll factor those things in, but it will be taken into consideration. c:
Thanks for your input, all suggestions are awesome for us right now!
Back to top Go down
Saia

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:49 am

I would say that we add also add more weight on the Races... if one wouldn't have anything different to every other race, besides the appearance, it would be boring, and senseless, to use a different race.
I'm not sure if you should take it like I write it down here but for example let dwarfes be stronger in comparison to the other races. Therefore they have bad eyes or something like that. I also would say that we should take human as allrounder, without any special ability/ies.

But like I said, I wouldn't use my everything I said... sometimes it doesn't fit and that wasn't more or less than an example
Back to top Go down
Mordu
Admin
Mordu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Well I just don't really know how we can factor in these sort of things. Accuracy is hard to factor in, and considering there will be options to change your race in the future, it will get a bit confusing. However, there will be certain potions that change your race and give you an ability or a stat increase, such as a dragonkin potion.

I'm considering having elves be stronger as mages and archers, humans being balanced, dwarves being better in defense, and halflings being better in attack, because their size grants them swiftness.
Back to top Go down
nice2835
Admin
nice2835

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Note: race changing potions are only being considered. What we may allow is a new character of that race or rping the npc of that race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!   Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Tales of Hyrapthora Alpha!
Page 1 of 1